The master bedroom is the highlight of your house for you. It is your haven to relax and indulge yourself in. So why skimp out on designing this space? Whether you want luxury interior design for your bedroom or something classic and simple, there are a whole host of ideas to create a functional and stylish master bedroom.
Let’s take a look at some of the most enchanting master bedroom decorating ideas from some of the leading experts in interior design:
• Create a nautical decor – deep blue and white which are reminiscent of the seas make for an inspiring nautical decor combination for the master bedroom. Use this colour combination for the linen, the furnishings, the upholstery and even for the wallpaper. An inspired idea would be to use the combination in stripes for the ceiling instead of in the wallpaper.
• Use artwork as a focal point – colourful prints in place of the headboard will not only serve to add the splash of colour you are seeking for the neutral walls of your bedroom but also create a focal point for the decor. You can use the colours in the picture to coordinate and match the accessories and fixtures of the entire room with great panache.
• Cabana style – opt for full length French style patio doors and windows in white for a Cabana style bedroom interior. A four poster bed with a net canopy will add the touch of authenticity to the decor. Keep the lines clean and simple for a classic look.
• Palace themed – create a royal master bedroom with the right palace inspired accents. Luxurious bedding on a king sized bed with half canopy in a rich fabric, lush upholstered headboard and cosy pillows with intricate detailing will create the desired effect. Use ornate drapes and carved furniture and muted lighting with accented walls in a colour like pale gold or shiny beige to complete the look.
• Monotone – all whites never go out of fashion for the master bedroom. The versatility of white and its ability to create a serene, soothing yet fashionable interior design statement is what makes it so popular among the leading designers from interior design companies in the UAE.
Don’t forget to use the rare coloured accessories to break the monotony, and revel in the luxury of the white interior of your bedroom.
• Printed fantasy – got an old printed sari you don’t know where to use? Make bedding out of it. Use patterned wallpaper in muted shades to complement it. For furniture, keep the lines simple, and to offset the bright patterns of the sari, use a neutral colour like white or cream. For flooring too, use a light shade, and throw an eclectic printed rug.
• Go green – and we mean it literally. The touch of green on the walls can be contrasted with serene accents of white for bedding, upholstery and even the drapes. Use wooden furniture to complete the look. Accents of white as well as black work equally well with this kind of decor scheme.
• The minimalist bedroom – this one is for those who want to avoid the frills and keep their bedroom as a space for pure relaxation. Get a wooden bed with a design that focuses on keeping the lines straight and clean; instead of flowing curtains opt for blinds; place only the most necessary furniture you want and there you have it.
What you could get away with even in a minimalist decor scheme though is the use of colours. Be creative and opt for patterned tiles for the flooring, or paint the ceiling and voila, you’ll have a masterful minimalist bedroom design without any fuss all the same.